Figure out how many gold medals Canada, Austria, Norway,
the Netherlands, Japan, Italy, Russia, and the United
1. Norway won five times as many gold medals as Russia.
2. The eight countries won a total of fifty-nine gold medals.
3. Russia has one more gold medal than Italy.
4. If Japan won four more gold medals, they would have won the
same number of gold medals as Canada.
5. The Netherlands won eight more gold medals than one-third
the number of gold medals won by Austria.
6. If Canada had won one more than three times the number
of gold medals, they would have won thirteen more gold
medals than the United States.