Enter your email address:

February 18, 2015

Spiderman's Girlfriends

Spiderman has two girlfriends, Mary Jane & Gwen Stacy.
After completing every mission, he rushes to the central subway. Since spidey is a nice man, much impartial, he takes which-ever train arrives first. From subway, one series go towards Mary's place, and another series move towards Stacy. Trains from either series appear every 10 minutes. Also, Peter Parker sticks with the train which arrives first.
But somehow, he notices that he is spending 9 times more dates with Mary Jane than Stacy. Can you explain why?


JyRKS said...

Mary Jane's train arrives 1 minute earlier than Gwen Stacy's.

Let's say that Mary Jane's train arrives at 12:30 and Gwen Stacy's at 12:31. The next trains arrive at 12:40 and 12:41.

If Spiderman arrives to the station between 12:31 and 12:40, the next train goes to Mary jane.

If he arrives between 12:40 and 12:41, the next train goes to Gwen Stacy.

So arriving at the station at a random time means that he has 90% chance to catch the train to Mary Jane and 10% to Gwen Stacy.

Poor Gwen Stacy.

Anonymous said...

One train always arrives earlier than the other by one minute. If one train always arrives a split second earlier,then he will see almost exclusively only one girl friend.